Monday, April 8, 2013

Zombies and Testing

Every morning I receive an email in my inbox called The Opening Bell from NEA (National Educators Association).  It gives links to articles concerning education around the country.  One article today that caught my attention was this Foes of standardized tests plan to hold 'Zombie rally'.

I like some of the points the article brings up about comparing the never-ending battery of standardized testing to zombies.  Some points are “How is a standardized test like a zombie? They’re mindless, and they just keep coming," and “They suck time and money from teaching and learning. Eventually they will eat students brains. But only if we let them.”

As I googled images to use for this entry, the image I chose was the only one I found that didn't make me cringe.  Zombies are pretty ugly, scary, and disgusting.  So I imagine this rally will stir up a lot of interest when it happens as adults and children parade down the street as zombies. So while I like the idea behind it, I think this will be one event I'll be sitting out on.



Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/08/3966735/zombie-rally-set-to.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/08/3966735/zombie-rally-set-to.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: