Saturday, April 13, 2013

Opinions

So I realized it's kind of a scary thing to post anything that is of the nature of an opinion on the internet.  Tonight I got on a craze of posting pictures from a Facebook page called "You Can't Scare Me, I'm a Teacher." Some of them expressed the flaws in the education system and some of expressed the joys of teaching.  As I posted them I realized that when someone posts something on the internet it is so easy to believe that musts be what that person believes, has believed, and will always will believe if they go that far to make it so public.  But I realize that is not the case with me and probably isn't that way for many other people.

I haven't been writing on this blog for anyone else. I've been writing in it for me.  You could say why not just write in a journal if writing on this is just for you, but even though the blog is for me I still like the idea that others can read it.  It is through that ability to share writing that ideas about our own human experiences are shared and we can all learn and grow together because of our shared and not so common experiences. 

So having said that, I realize that this blog is a really place for me to go develop my ideas.  I like hearing the best of both sides of the story.  That is one reason I love blogs and the internet.  I love that you can get so much information from them.  Then I like to think on my own about what I have read.  I like to listen to myself and pay attention to what I feel as I apply what I'm reading to me.

Nothing on this blog will probably ever be really polished. In truth, I never go back and reread what I have written on it until sometimes days after I published it (I know don't tell my students I'm bad example of what I tell them to do).  But really what I hope I do help my students see is that writing doesn't have to be about perfect conventions all of the time.  It's about helping you learn where you stand on certain issues, and that is really what this blog is for me.  It's my place to come and explore my ever changing thoughts and opinions.

No comments: