Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ready set go...


This weekend I had one of those days you never believe will actually happen, but you dream about your whole life. For 18 years of my life, for others more or less, I have been preparing for the day I would start my career. This weekend that dream became a reality and I am so excited it moves me to the point of tears at times. The school and community are everything I could have hoped for. In a few short months I will be doing exactly what I always dreamed of doing. I cannot wait to be a TEACHER! A 5th grade teacher to be exactly at Alturas Elementary. Thank you to everyone who encouraged me and provided me with so much support; I could not have done it without you!

7 comments:

Jason Siemers said...

(Rachel)
CONGRATULATIONS Sweet Girl! You are going to be amazing and they will adore you, as everyone who knows you does.

L said...

Congratulations, Carolyn! You are going to have such fun! There really is nothing like teaching. It's so great to have a "real job" after so many years of school. Such an adventure!

Sami said...

Yay Carolyn! Congratulations! =)

Carolyn Siemers said...

Happy tears, just keep coming! How fun! You are going to be so awesome! What a lucky bunch of kiddos. Can't wait to help you set up your classroom! :)

Matt said...

And heere wwee GO!

Cap said...

Poor, poor kids....

See Mack Snow said...

Carolyn, you totally deserve this! I'm so glad that you got exactly what you wanted. If I had a 5th-grader, I'd move to Alturas so you could teach him/her. You're going to be amazing, primarily because you CARE!