Tuesday, March 10, 2009

February 7th is Valentine's Day

What? You don't believe me? I am sorry to inform you all but the rest of you were a week late for Valentine's Day this year.

Ever since the new year started things have been really crazy in my life. Don't worry nothing life-threatening, just crazy important matters to take care of: teaching assessments, student teaching in a new class, writing a thesis, applying for jobs, getting my own health insurance, and preparing to buy a new car. I could go on, but I'll stop. It's better I don't think about it too much - it gets me kind of anxious. Just ask Matt. Which is why he has been so awesome to make special trips down to come see me. One such trip was pretty special.

On the day that the world commonly recognizes as Valentine's Day, February 14th, I had to be in class. Not only was it on Valentine's Day, it was on a Saturday :( Not a problem though, Matt and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day on it's new official date, February 7th and it couldn't have been any better! Oh what was that? You want details? Sorry. Some events are just too special that attempting to recreate them wouldn't do them justice. Because what is special is not the worrying about the type of activity you plan or what gifts you'll give to each other on events like this. What is special is the time and love you share with each other no matter where you are or what you are doing. Our first Valentine's Day together was exactly that and for that I recognize how blessed I am.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I can't believe not a single person would believe us that they had the date wrong!!!