Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tony...

Yesterday morning my dear, eternal friend Tony Peers passed away from pancreatic cancer. It's difficult for me to find words to describe how I feel at this moment and how much I already miss her. I'm just absolutely grateful she came into my life. In so many ways she helped me become the person I am today. I owe so much to her and because of that I am truly grateful I had the opportunity in church this morning to give a brief talk about the importance of members doing missionary work. As I told stories about how Steve and Tony Peers fellowshipped me into the church, I felt this overwhelming since of strength and comfort. I knew I had just paid a great honor to Tony's memory. And so it is, I find myself filled with more kindness, more joy, more willingness to serve, more love, and the overwhelming desire to radiate all of this to others, as Tony did to me.

I love you, Tony...

2 comments:

Sami said...

People are so precious, you never know how much someone will impact your life. Your in my prayers!

Matt said...

You are going to be just like her Sweetheart! You already have so many similar attributes. I love YOU!