Sunday, December 7, 2008

Relief Society

This morning I taught a lesson in Relief Society on the history of Relief Society. For those of you who may not know Relief Society is the women's organization that is a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Nearly four years ago when I joined the church I became a part of this organization and I have been grateful for my association with it ever since. While teaching my lesson this morning I was absolutely touched to look out at the young women, all roughly my age. We are all here together struggling to balance chaotic schedules and committments; yet, every Sunday we all find take time to reflect on the mission of Relief Society: "Charity Never Faileth." How wonderful it is that so many intelligent, driven women would give up one hour of their morning to be uplifted and taught of how they may give of their time to stregthening others. As I gave the ladies chances to talk about their visions of Relief Society I felt with complete conviction how inspired this organization truly is.

No comments: