Tuesday, December 9, 2008

BVE to LJE



I officially know where I'll be student teaching in the Spring...Las Juntas Elementary in Martinez, CA. I'll be working in a 1st/2nd combination class. From what I have observed and have been told the class definitely is not an easy one, but I have been very impressed by the teacher, Mrs. Ruth Bumala. I'm really looking forward to the opportunities I am going to have to learn from her and to gain experience of my own. Since the class is quite difficult to manage becaue of behavioral issues, I'll be taking over one grade quite often on my own. It will be kind of like having my own mini-classroom. At this point, I'm just nervous about being overwhelmed with a lot of responsibilities and not having time to meet them all, but I'm so excited to get into the classroom. I love teaching! I definitely chose the right profession for me!
But before I can move on to Las Juntas Elementary I'll have to part from my fourth graders in Mrs. Judy Zenoni's class at Burton Valley Elementary. I'm going to have such a hard time saying goodbye to all of them. Lately, the kids have been asking when I'm going to leave and if I am going to be able to come back someday to be an actual teacher in their school. There is an empty classroom next to ours; the students often say that next year I can just have that one :) Oh how I wish! I've absolutely loved working at Burton Valley Elementary. I am so grateful I had the great fortune of meeting Judy over a year ago. Shadowing her has totally transformed my teaching. I often tell Judy that I will be calling her for years to come saying, "Judy, I need your help!!!" Then there's those lovable fourth graders. Sure we all have our ups and downs, but I've been so impressed by the growth they have made in just a few short months. I'll always remember them as my very first class!

No comments: