Sunday, October 11, 2015

Primary Lesson: Following the prophet will help us come unto Christ

Since we just had General Conference last week, I began today's primary sharing time lesson by asking the kids what their favorite General Conference traditions are.  Then I asked them what was special about this General Conference.  That were right on the money when they said that we sustained three new apostles.  Then I explained that prophets and apostles' jobs are to be special witnesses of Christ.  The prophet teaches us the will of the Lord.  I then had the kids play pictionary.  I showed a volunteer the pictures on the following quotes.  Then I would have the volunteer draw the picture for the class. The rest of the class would then guess the picture.  I then showed them the picture and the quote and we discussed what the quote meant, emphasizing how we learned these special messages during General Conference.  It was really a special lesson, and I felt the Spirit strongly testify that these messages are meant to bring Heavenly Father's children unto Christ. The challenge at the end is because our Primary does a challenge every sharing time to go along with the lesson.  We didn't get through all of the quotes, but the activity was such a hit that I plan on finishing them up if I have free time the rest of the month at the end of sharing time.














No comments: